Yes, all artists are required to submit their California Seller's Permit information to participate in the Anime Expo Artist Alley.
- California Seller’s Permit numbers may be obtained 90 days before the show date and must be submitted via the Artist Alley Form by the deadline. Without the seller’s permit, you will be unable to submit the Artist Alley Form
- By law, any individual selling items in the state of California must have a California Seller’s Permit. The permit is free and very easy to obtain. You may apply for a permit online, by mail, or in person at one of the Board of Equalization field offices.
- Anime Expo Artist Alley requires that all primary and subsidiary artists provide a seller’s permit number to complete their registration. Additionally, all artists must keep either a paper or electronic copy of each California Seller’s Permit at their table according to state policy.
- The online application can be found at the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration website (https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/services/#Overview).
- Since groups are not recognized at Anime Expo, we require that all individuals selling items in the Artist Alley obtain a solo Seller’s Permit. Seller’s Permits with ‘et al’ will not be accepted