The Anime Expo Event Area refers to the Los Angeles Convention Center and JW Marriott where Anime Expo events take place. You must have a valid Anime Expo badge to enter the Anime Expo Event area
When entering the Anime Expo event area, please be aware of the following procedure:
- Make sure you have your badge on hand before you enter the security line. This will help reduce slowdowns in the building entry process.
- Note: There are multiple entrances into the Anime Expo event areas. Be sure to check the maps to get familiarized with them.
- Proceed through Security, choosing no bag line, general bag check line, or weapons check line as appropriate.
- If you are carrying a prop, you must go through the Weapons Check line every time you enter the convention center. Weapon Check booths are located at each General Entrance and will both tag and re-inspect tags on weapons going into the event. For more information about the Weapons Policy, please visit our Policies page.
- If you have a bag, simply place it on the table for inspection. Do not leave any bags unattended.
- Please note: Clear bags, small clutch purses, and having fewer bags overall are highly recommended to decrease time spent at Security.
- Once you’re through security, proceed to an entry portal and “tap in” your badge. Wait for the green flashing light and beep before moving forward.
- Now that you have entered the event area, you can enjoy Anime Expo without having to go through multiple security checkpoints!
- Remember to tap out when you exit! This will allow you to easily return through security without having to go to a Badge Help Desk.
Have questions about RFID badges? Refer to t RFID & Building Entry Info page for more information.