Yes, any child (OVER Age 2) that is not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to attending the event, along with a valid government-issued ID, birth certificate, social security card, or school ID card.
Please click here to find testing locations in your areas.
“Fully vaccinated” means that the day of your entry to Anime Expo must be at least 14 days after completion of your primary series of an FDA or WHO approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine, such as but not limited to:
- second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or
- single dose of a single dose COVID-19 vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine)
For more information, please see the CDC Guidelines.
Home-kit COVID-19 tests are not acceptable.
** Update: As of June 21st, 2022 **
- COVID-19 Vaccination Proof or Negative COVID-19 Test: SPJA will be requiring all attendees of AX 2022 to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to attending the event.
- Masks: Regardless of vaccination status, masks will be required indoors (except in designated cafeteria/eating areas) and optional outdoors.
- For more details, please see our Health & Safety page.
These requirements and guidelines are final.
All attendee groups must go to our COVID-19 Verification Area located at Chick Hearn Court to get your COVID-19 Verification Wristband.
For more information please read: How do I get my COVID-19 Verification Wristband?